Facial Redness, Spider Veins, and Professional Advice
Do you struggle with facial redness? This common issue plagues many women and men of all ages. But the good news is, it’s entirely treatable.
Below, we’ll take a look at the main causes of this condition, as well as how it can be treated with help from a specialized vein treatment facility.
What Causes Facial Redness?
Spider veins cause the majority of facial redness problems. These are tiny veins or blood vessels that have been widened or broken — a condition known as telangiectasia. Because they are damaged and often located at the skin’s surface, the broken blood vessels create the appearance of generalized redness of the face and sometimes show up as individual red, blue, or purple lines.
Why People Get Spider Veins in Their Face
Overall facial redness and the appearance of spider veins as well as varicose veins have a range of causes. The majority of sufferers, however, will be able to trace the core cause back to one (or more) of the following factors:
- Family history: Certain genetic markers may predispose individuals to facial redness issues and a propensity for developing spider veins.
- Rosacea: While rosacea is primarily caused by enlarged veins, it can also lead to burst blood vessels.
- Pressure changes and weather changes: Coughing or sneezing hard (causing a sudden change in pressure) can cause damaged blood vessels, as can drastic changes in the weather and air pressure.
- Environmental irritants and pollution: If you become exposed to specific chemicals, this can cause damage to blood vessels and may result in facial redness.
- Sun exposure: Blood vessels may also become damaged due to prolonged sun exposure.
Tips on Prevention & Slowing the Damage
Here are some tips for preventing facial redness and slowing the progression of any damage that’s already been done:
- Avoid extreme changes in pressure and extreme heat
- Wear helmets and other protective gear while performing rigorous physical activities such as sports
- Avoid excess sun exposure
- Drink alcohol only moderately
- Book an appointment and take action as soon as you notice redness
Common Treatments for Redness Due to Spider Veins
Those seeking treatment for facial redness due to spider veins may benefit from a variety of treatments based on their unique symptoms. Dr. Siragusa will perform a detailed assessment of your condition before detailing a concerted treatment plan of sclerotherapy, light therapy, laser therapy, and/or other proven solutions.
Siragusa’s Vein Clinic in Nashville
Looking for ways to solve a vein or vascular problem you’re experiencing? Vein and vascular problems can cause extensive pain, discomfort, and self-consciousness. No matter what challenge you’re facing, Dr. Siragusa and his staff can help restore your confidence, comfort, and overall health.
Dr. Siragusa has extensive experience and skill providing patients with the highest-quality of vein care. In fact, he’s been in the business of assisting individuals with leg pain, aching legs, varicose veins, leg swelling, and more for over 14 years.
To learn more about treatment plans for vein and vascular problems in Nashville, TN, schedule a consult with Dr. Siragusa today.