It is not uncommon to have broken blood vessels on your face, particularly on your nose and cheeks. These broken blood vessels may appear red, purple or blue, and the clusters can be both small and large. Commonly known as spider veins, broken blood vessels are harmless but unsightly, and many people prefer to have them removed.
If you are looking to get rid of spider veins fast, you will want to rely on the help of an expert. A vein doctor near you can provide you with information about removal options. These are a few steps you can take to remove spider veins on your face:
- Sclerotherapy — This is an outpatient procedure that requires the physician to inject a concentrated saline solution into the affected area. Gradually, the solution works to eliminate the appearance of the veins. It takes about three weeks for full results.
- Laser Treatment — Laser treatment is a minimally-invasive procedure in which the vein doctor uses an ultrasound-guided laser tool to apply heat to the spider veins on the face. Typically, laser treatment has to be performed several times, approximately 6-12 weeks apart, in order for the patient to achieve their desired results.
- Intense Pulsed Light Therapy — Known as IPL, this treatment option requires the doctor to use apply intense pulses of light to the impacted area of the face. This treatment is particularly effective for small nose spider veins and other small spider veins on the face.
- Veinwave — This is one of the most recent treatment options that was developed for spider veins on the nose and cheeks. It is highly effective, and requires the doctor to use a fine needle to apply heat to the vein. The heat closes the vein, and minimizes its appearance on the face. Generally speaking, patients will need several treatments to achieve their desired results.
Does Getting Rid of Spider Veins On Your Face Hurt?
Patients will want to work closely with their vein doctor in order to determine the best treatment option for them. Some treatment options are more painful than others, so it is important that people consider their own personal needs and tolerance levels before selecting a procedure. For instance, IPL therapy is significantly more painful than other minimally-invasive procedures, such as sclerotherapy. Your vein doctor can work with you to provide you with information about your preferred treatment and pain management options that will be available to you.
Setting Up a Consultation
If you have decided that you want to get rid of spider veins fast, then the next step is to set up a consultation with a qualified vein doctor. At this appointment, the doctor can evaluate your nose spider veins and any other spider veins on your face, and can recommend the next best step for you.
Find a Vein Doctor Near You
Best Questions to Ask a Doctor About Spider Veins
Here are a few questions you may want to ask the doctor at your consultation appointment:
- What causes spider veins?
- Can I prevent spider veins from forming in the future?
- Will the spider veins on my face fade away on their own?
- Will spider veins continue to spread and become more prominent as time goes on?
- What treatment options are best for nose spider veins?
- What treatment options are best for spider veins on the cheeks?
- Will I be required to have more than one treatment?
- What are the most common risks associated with spider vein treatment?
- What is the recovery process like for spider vein treatment?
- If I have treatment for nose spider veins, will the spider veins return in the future?
- Who is a good candidate for spider vein treatment?