Varicose veins are very common, but that doesn’t mean you should just ignore them. Varicose vein treatment options are non-invasive, so there’s no reason to avoid a quick visit to your local vein clinic for expert care. Our vascular surgeon can evaluate your vein disease, and create a treatment plan to banish ugly, bulging veins, helping you to maintain proper circulation and good vein health for life.
Varicose Vein Symptoms to Watch For
Early varicose vein symptoms include:
- Discolored blue or purple leg veins visible under the surface of your skin.
- Bulging veins.
- Mild ankle swelling.
- Aching legs that feel tired or heavy.
- Leg cramps.
- Leg itching on the ankle and lower leg(s).
Complications of Vascular Disease
Untreated varicose veins can lead to:
- Dermatitis: This itchy rash may appear on your lower leg or ankle. Scratching the weakened skin can lead to ankle sores.
- Skin changes: Skin may darken and become hard or scaly. (Poor circulation means that the lower leg tissues do not receive sufficient nutrients to live and grow normally.)
- Slow-healing leg ulcers: Open leg sores require constant care to avoid infection.
- Infected leg sores: This can lead to dangerous systemic infection.
- Long term mobility issues: Problems walking due to swelling and leg sores can decrease your independence and lower your quality of life.
Get Expert Vein Care in the Nashville Area
At Siragusa Vein and Laser in Nashville, we treat all types of vein disease, from mild to severe. Some serious complications of vascular disease have few or no symptoms, so you need an experienced vein doctor for proper diagnosis. The earlier your disease is diagnosed, the more effective the treatment will be. Dr. Siragusa will evaluate your symptoms and medical history, and may conduct a painless ultrasound exam and other tests, to determine the best vein treatment plan for you. Contact us today for an appointment.