Here at Siragusa Vein and Laser Center, one of our specialties is providing sclerotherapy and endovenous laser ablation (EVLA) spider vein treatments in Nashville and Hermitage. Even though these medically advanced treatment modalities are proven time and time again to be highly effective and safe ways to get rid of unwanted spider and varicose veins, Nashville vein treatment doesn’t end when you leave our clinic. There are things Dr. Tif Siragusa commonly recommends for patients to try at home in order to maintain their results, especially between sessions.
The following tips are easy and effective ways to keep your veins looking their best between treatments:
- You have to maintain circulation in your legs to keep blood from pooling. To do this, regular physical activity is essential. Whether you love to play a particular sport or go for a nice brisk walk, flexing those calf muscles is a must. If exercise is not already a part of your daily routine, get moving.
- Resistance training such as weight lifting and bodyweight exercises also cause muscle contractions. As your muscles tighten, they assist in squeezing the veins and boost circulation. If you’re new to resistance exercise, start by lifting cans or water bottles. Squats, lunges and calf raises are all perfect for supporting your veins. Aim to train 2 to 3 times each week.
- If you sit or stand a lot at work, we recommend that you break up your day by changing up your position, taking frequent breaks, walking around or at least moving in place. Frequent movement will help keep your blood from pooling in your veins.
- Support your vein care in Nashville with a healthy diet rich in protein to help maintain muscle mass, limited in sodium, and full of fresh produce and whole grains for vitamins.
- Wear compression stockings as prescribed.
For more tips or to make an appointment, please call us at 615-777-0744. We look forward to hearing from you!